Shaving Tips for men
1. Pre-Shave Oil protects your skin and softens your beard before you shave. Always shave after or during a hot shower. Hot water helps soften the beard, open pores and cleanse the skin.
2. A warm, rich lather softens and lifts your beard from your face. We recommend a shaving with a shaving gel and foam for a close and comfortable shave.
3. A razor with the proper weight, balance, and comfort is everything like those made by silver®. It should glide across your face without too much pressure. Always shave with the grain first in the direction your hair grows.
4. After shaving, apply a moisturizer to sooth, refresh and regenerate your skin. Avoid after shaves which contain alcohol; these can irritate, dry out the skin and cause ingrown hairs.
Shaving Tips for Women
When shaving legs, underarms or bikini area, proper miniaturization is a vital first step. Never shave without first moistening dry hair with water, as dry hair is difficult to cut and breaks down the fine edge of a razor blade. A sharp blade is crucial to getting a close, comfortable, irritation-free shave. A razor that scratches or pulls needs a new blade immediately.
1. Moisten skin with water for about three minutes, and then apply a thick shaving gel. Water plumps up the hair, making it easier to cut, and the shaving gel helps retain the moisture.
2. Use long, even strokes without applying excessive pressure. Shave carefully over bony areas like ankles, shins and knees.
3. For knees, bend slightly to pull the skin tight before shaving, as folded skin is difficult to shave.
4. Stay warm to prevent goose bumps, as any irregularity in the skin surface can complicate shaving.
5. Wire-wrapped blades, like those made by silver® , help prevent careless nicks and cuts. Don’t press too hard! Simply let the blade and handle do the work for you.
6. Remember to shave in the direction of hair growth. Take your time and shave carefully over sensitive areas. For a closer shave, carefully shave against the grain of hair growth.
1. Moisten skin and apply a thick shaving gel.
2. Lift your arm up while shaving to pull skin tight.
3. Shave from the bottom up, allowing the razor to glide over the skin.
4. Avoid shaving the same area more than once, to minimize skin irritation.
5. Wire-wrapped blades, like those made by silver®, help prevent careless nicks and cuts. Don’t press too hard! Simply let the blade and handle do the work for you.
6. Avoid applying deodorants or antiperspirants immediately after shaving, as doing so can result in irritation and stinging. To prevent this, shave underarms at night and give the area time to stabilize before using deodorant.
1. Moisten hair for three minutes with water and then apply a thick shaving gel. This preparation is a must, as the hair in the bikini area tends to be thicker, denser and curlier, making it more difficult to cut.
2. Handle the skin in the bikini area gently, as it is thin and tender.
3. Shave horizontally, from the outside to the inside of the upper thigh and groin area, using smooth even strokes.
4. Shave frequently year-round to keep the area free of irritation and ingrown hairs.
After-shave activities: Give your skin 30 minutes off